Prices from only €11.60 pppn
Welcome to l'Ermitage - "the Retreat". Our lovely property is a typically styled Périgord residence originally built in 1850 for a wealthy Parisian magistrate. It has kept it's character and it is easy to envisage it as it was, when coaches, stabling and a host of servants were all housed and working in the grounds.
Our comfortable and peaceful gîte has been sympathetically renovated and modernised, with especial care being taken to maintain the character and charm of the buildings, ensuring our guests enjoy a high degree of comfort in these most pleasant of surroundings in the heart of the french countryside.
We hope you'll be entranced by the thought of a delightful holiday in this region and we'll do our utmost to ensure your holiday is a happy and memorable experience in the Dordogne, the ever-popular and picturesque region of France.
We specialise in providing self-catering gîte holidays. We pride ourselves on the high standard of our cottage and are continually upgrading it to provide our clients with the highest quality of accommodation in our class. It has four bedrooms, sleeping up to eight people, with two double bedrooms and two twin bedrooms.
Saint-Priest-les-Fougères nestles in the foothills of the Massif Central in the north of the Dordogne, just off the N21 at la Coquille, between Périgueux and Limoges. I’Ermitage is in the centre of this attractive French village, situated within the Périgord-Limousin Natural Regional Park and is a beautiful old property with a secure, large walled garden with a swimming pool and a barn used as a games area.
Enjoy a peaceful and relaxed holiday, relaxing in the grounds and the swimming pool, as well as taking in the many of the areas' attractions. There are numerous chateaux, an abundance of prehistoric caves, lakes, markets etc. Also, for those wishing to take a slightly longer trip - Futuroscope at Poitiers, La Rochelle on the west coast, and the distilleries at and around Cognac are all well worth visiting.
There are plenty of nearby restaurants, bars, supermarkets, shops and attractions within easy reach, from just 3 kilometres away at la Coquille. Larger shopping areas are to be found at Thiviers, Périgueux and Limoges.
Pets welcome - Barney, our rescued spaniel loves everyone, especially other dogs.
Jan & Bill Parker, the owners, have lived here for several years now and we like nothing better than to share our love of this exquisite region of France with our guests. If you have any questions of need more details, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will always do our utmost to help.
Use the search functionality here to ensure your preferred dates are available. Or simply select the "Availability" option from the top menu. If in doubt, contact us to discuss your requirements, we'll always do our best to help you.
• The ground floor has a large lounge with attractive beamed ceilings and stone walls, with patio doors to the garden.
• Adjoining the lounge is the first of four bedrooms, furnished with a double bed.
• The kitchen is fully equipped with gas oven, microwave and refrigerator/freezer.
• Washing machine.
• All electricity and gas costs are included in the rental charge.
• Adjoining the kitchen is the large dining area.
• The ground floor has a conveniently situated WC/wash room.
• Upstairs consists of a further shower room, with a washbasin and a WC,
• A second double bedroom,
• Two twin bedrooms
• The cottage is equipped with UK satellite TV.
• Private decked patio area for al fresco dining.
• Barbecues with all necessary tools and utensils are supplied. all you need to bring is food!
• Books and indoor games are readily available.
• The cottage has direct access onto the garden and the swimming pool area, and all garden furniture.
• There is also a covered games area with professional table tennis equipment.
• Internet access is freely available. WiFi and wired connectivity for those who require this.
Wifi is available during your stay, both in the gîte and the garden.
Beautifully maintained garden, with comfortable seating and your own private patio area with sun loungers.
Take a relaxing dip in our pool.
THINGS TO DO
We'll always remember this holiday. I'm sure we will meet up again in the future. It was an outstanding "eat & drink & rest" holiday. We surely recommend the environm,ent, the peace etc… Thanks again!